How to Set Up Parental Control on your D-Link Router?
How to Set Up Parental Control on your D-Link Router? – Parental control features basically help the parents to control internet access of their child by blocking any website access or granting access to the approved websites. Also, it allows setting up limits to use the internet for a particular time period applying certain time limits and dates. This feature could be used under access control on Dlink wifi router.
- A computer or mobile device to access the D-link router’s web interface.
- Dlink router login via dlinkrouter.local to access the web GUI.
Dlink router login is the initial step to allow parental control on your D-link router from the web GUI through dlinkrouter.local login as explained here:
D-link router login steps to access GUI for parental control setup:
- Launch the browser window that you often use on your computer or mobile device.
- From the desktop browser’s address bar navigate to http://dlinkrouter.local as dlink router login default web address.
- Any login errors with dlinkrouter.login, use the default IP address 192.168.0.1 to login.
- The D-link router admin login window appears on screen.
- It would allow dlink router login with the administrator username and password.
- Enter the default D-link router login username as well as password in the fields.
- The default login username should be Admin.
- The default login password field should be left blank.
- Click on the Login button.
- It directs the web GUI interface of D-link router.
Note: Make sure that the dlink router administration login password is different from the dlink router’s Wi-Fi connection password.
To setup parental control access on D-link router:
- Access d-link router login steps via dlinkrouter.local as explained above.
- Use the default dlink router login details in the username and password fields to access the web GUI.
- Click on the Login button.
- Open the web graphical user interface GUI of dlink router.
- Click on the advanced tab/link on the top of the web GUI.
- Select the Website Filter option on the left of the web screen.
- Opt to deny access by selecting “deny computers access to ONLY these sites” option.
- It is mentioned on the field below configure the website filter.
- Key in the website address or URLs that you want to block on D-link router.
- Click on the save settings button when done.
To enable access control feature or parental control setup on D-link router:
- Following above steps, locate the access control option
- just above the website filter on GUI.
- Tick the checkbox to enable the access control feature.
Note: This access control feature grants controlled access to approved websites as well as limits web access depending on set time or dates.
- By enabling access control features you would need to set up a policy on the dlink router for the website filter for parental control.
- Select the Add policy tab just below the enable access control checkbox.
- Follow the dlink router setup wizard through rest.
- Click on the Next link.
- The dlink router wizard screen shows that guides through steps to add a new policy for Access control setup on dlink router.
- In the first step, you will be required to name the policy.
- Input the policy name and Click on Next.
- Then, select a schedule for access control and name it as well.
- Click on Next.
- Specify the machine to which this access control policy has to be applied.
- Add IP address or MAC address.
- Click Next.
- Also, select the method for filtering – either log web access or block access.
- Enable or disable the web access logging.
- Click on save.
- The policy would be displayed on the screen under the policy table.
- Click on save settings for parental control setup.