Network Name of the Dlink AX1200 Wi-Fi Extender may be a name given to the Wi-Fi network by a user to permit the opposite nearby users to spot your network. The network name is one among the credentials of a Wireless network that nearby users utilize to urge connected to your home network. Either you’re using your device at the office or reception , you’ve got to make this credential to permit users to urge connected to the network. You furthermore may can hide the SSID name from the Wi-Fi list to make an invisible barrier which will prevent unwanted users to access your network.
Steps to Change the Network Name of the Dlink AX1200 Wi-Fi extender:-
1. Launch a browser on your desktop and sort www.dlinkap.local on the online address of the browser. While encountering a mistake you furthermore may can utilize the LAN IP address of the device to urge to the default gateway of your Dlink AX1200 Wi-Fi extender.
2. Hit the Enter button and therefore the Dlink Extender login page appears on the screen.
3. Type the admin username on the username credential, if you haven’t changed the default username type “admin” because the default username. Type the login password that you simply mention earlier to urge to the default gateway of dlinkap.local tab.
4. Hit the login button and therefore the dlinkap.local main window appears on the screen.
5. Bring your cursor to the Settings tab located on the left of the Management tab, choose your Wi-Fi extender from the drop-down list.
6. Attend the SSID field and sort down a replacement Network name on the SSID field. If a user wants to assign a special SSID name to both the frequency bands, he can roll in the hay by providing a special Network Name on each field of the band.
7. Note:-While enabling the Smart Connect feature, a user has got to change the Network name on both the band to avoid overlapping of the bandwidth on either of the frequency bands.
8. Click on the Save button to save lots of the configurations you made.
How to copy the configuration settings of the Dlink AX1200 Wi-Fi extender?
The configuration setting of any networking device contains the networking protocols, administration settings, and security mechanisms that determine the functionality level of your device. These sorts of settings are controlled by a user through the online interface of dlinkap.local window. A user can create a backup of those configuration settings during a reset or the firmware update process in order that after these processes a user can easily restore these settings back to the extender.
Steps to copy the configuration settings of the Dlink AX1200 Wi-fi extender:-
1. Launch a browser on the desktop connected to the local Wi-Fi network.
2. Attend the Address bar and sort www.dlinkap.local or the IP address of the extender to urge to the Dlink Extender login page. As well as the IP address of the Dlink AX1200 Wi-Fi extender is 192.168.1.249.
3. Hit the Enter button and therefore the Dlink Extender login page appears on the screen.
4. Type the admin username on the username credential, if you haven’t changed the default username type “admin” because the default username. Type the login password that you simply mention earlier to urge to the default gateway of dlinkap.local tab.
5. Click on the login button and therefore the dlinkap.local main window appears on the screens.
6. Take your cursor to the Management tab located at the highest right corner of the window then click on the System tab residing on the drop-down list.
7. Now, to save lots of this configuration settings click on the “Save configuration file” button. Hence if the browser asks you to pick the specified location then select the situation then click on the Save tab. If the browser doesn’t ask the situation of the file, then the file will get automatically downloaded within the “Downloads” folder of the desktop
8. To revive the file back to the desktop, click on the Select file option. Locate your file and therefore the name of your file will get displayed on the Select file button. Click on the Restore button then click on the OK button to start loading the configuration of the saved file. Note: Save the configuration enter an anonymous location in order that no unwanted users might be ready to access it.