Share port web access is a by default enabled feature that is available specifically for many D-link wifi routers with a USB port. It is only compatible in D-link wifi Router and Wifi-Hotspot Mode. Just by inserting a USB flash drive into your D-link router’s USB port, you would get access to the drive from the internet with default set IP 8181. It requires authorized access through dlinkrouter.local login web address with dlink router’s login admin password and username.
The article applies to D-Link routers that support the Share Port Mobile feature.
To use the share port web access function, you must insert your USB Flash Drive into your D-link wifi Router’s USB port.
To configure your D-link router for share port web access, you require accessing the web GUI of the d-link router through D-link router login:
You must have D-link router setup done before enjoying the share port web access service. You should have connected your computer to the D-link wifi router’s wireless network either by Ethernet cable wire (wired connection) or wirelessly (using wireless network SSID and Password).
- Ensure that you have inserted a USB flash drive into the USB port of your d-link wifi router, because only then you will be able to access Share port web function.
- Open a web browser on your computer to access the dlink wifi router’s web GUI.
- Navigate to D-link router login default gateway IP http://192.168.0.1.
- You can also use Dlink router login default web protocol address http://dlinkrouter.local in the address field.
- You would be directed to the dlink router login screen via dlink router.local or either IP gateway.
- To log into your D-link router, enter the dlink router default password along with username in the login fields.
The dlink router default username – admin (dlinkrouter.local login)
The dlink router default password– field is left blank (dlinkrouter.local login)
- On the web interface of D-link wifi router, select SETUP tab.
- Click on the Storage option that appears on the left side of the page.
Note: The web File access would allow you to use a web browser to access the files stored in USB Flash drive plugged in the USB port of the d-link wifi router or the files saved in SD card of the router.
- To use the above feature to allow web file access, you must click on the Enable SharePort Web Access checkbox on screen.
You would have to use the D-link router login or create a dlink router login user account to be able to manage the access to your USB flash drive or SD card storage devices. Once you have plugged in your storage devices into the d-link router, you will visualise the new device appearing in the displayed list on the screen with a web link to access it. Thereby, you would be able to use the mentioned web link to connect to the USB drive and D-link router login with the user account.
To Access the Share Port Web Application:
- Open a new web browser for D-link router login account access.
- You must enter the default dlink login IP address of your router along with default IP of the Share port web access (8181) i.e. 192.168.0.1:8181 to allow remote access to the storage device.
- In case you want to access the share port from the internet, you must enter the D-link router’s WAN IP: Share port web access (8181).
- Following any of the above remote or local access, you will be directed to the web file access login page.
- Enter the required username (admin) and password (blank) which are set by default.