D-link DIR842 AC1200 wifi router installation:
- Remove the Cable/DSL Modem from power by disconnecting the power adapter from power source.
- Connect the D-link DIR 842 router to the modem with an Ethernet cable at the yellow WAN port.
- Connect the computer and the D-link router also with an Ethernet cable attached at any of the 4 LAN ports available of the D-link DIR 842 router.
- The computer connection could be established over a wifi/wireless connection or wired Ethernet cable connection.
- Plug the D-link DIR 842 router’s power adapter to power.
- Also, attach the power adapter of Cable/DSL Modem to the power outlet.
- Power on all devices simultaneously.
- Wait till the power LED’s status lights on receiving the power.
D-link router setup via dlinkrouter.local login:
D-link DIR 842 router login steps over dlinkrouter.local login:
- Launch a preferred web browser on your wifi connected computer.
- For D-link DIR 842 router login, use the default login domain address dlinkrouter.local to enter in the address bar.
- If d-link router login is showing an error for D-link DIR 842 router login, use http://192.168.0.1 IP address for default IP gateway login.
- dlinkrouter.local or IP login directs to the Setup Wizard screen on first time D-link DIR 842 router login.
- The D-link DIR 842 router setup wizard would automatically launch D-link DIR 842 router setup steps for quick setup.
- To opt to skip D-link DIR 842 router setup wizard setup; select the Manual Configuration option that appears on screen.
- On the setup wizard screen, begin automatic D-link DIR 842 router setup steps by Selecting your Language of choice for instructions.
- Click on the Start tab.
- Setup wizard would auto-launch configuration of your D-link DIR 842 router wifi settings.
- Opt for the wireless Internet Connection type of your D-link DIR 842 router network.
- Select either Dynamic or PPPoE connection.
- For secure wifi connectivity, assign the Wireless Network Name/SSID along with the security key.
- Enable the wifi encryption security checkbox to select WPA/WPA encryption settings.
- For securing D-link DIR 842 router login, assign a dlinkrouter.local login password.
- The D-link DIR 842 router setup wizard automatically saves wireless configurations on rebooting.
- The D-link DIR 842 router setup and configuration is completed.
- You are directed to the D-link DIR 842 router login screen.
- Follow the D-link DIR 842 router login steps by entering login credentials in given fields.
- Enter the D-link DIR 842 router login username: admin which is default set.
- Also, enter the dlink login password set above for D-link DIR 842 router login to access the web GUI.
- A D-link DIR 842 router setup confirmation screen shows the wireless network settings altogether.
- Dlinkrouter.local setup wizard completes the D-link DIR 842 router setup.
1. How do I set up my D-link DIR 842 router?
Dlink router setup is easy and rapid with D-link setup wizard. To access the setup wizard, you need to log into the D-link router’s web interface through dlinkrouter.local web address. The setup wizard automatically launches itself on D-link router login and sets up the router with quick configuration.
2.Can I set up my Dlink router without a computer?
Yes, the D-link router could be set up; using a smartphone, laptop or a tablet Instead of a computer, all you have to do is connect the wireless devices to the D-link router’s wifi using default wireless settings.
3.The D-link router’s setup wizard can’t access D-link router, how to resolve the issue?
- Check that the computer being used for dlinkrouter.local login and setup wizard and the D-link router should connect on the same wifi network and subnet.
- It is best to use a wired Ethernet cable for hardware connections instead of wireless connectivity to proceed with D-link router setup.
- Turn off all the protection programs such as antivirus or the firewalls prior to the Dlink setup via setup wizards; these might interfere with dlinkrouter.local access.
4.Why is my D-Link router not connecting to the Internet?
Check the network status if it shows signal LED for WAN status. If not, the network has not been established of a D-link router with modem successfully. You must disconnect the modem from power and power cycle it by powering off and on again. Check if the Network Status LED shows connection which should be connected if modem is adjoined with cable correctly..
5.How to set up my D-Link router after reset?
When the D-link router is reset, it sets back all the configured settings to default set values as preset factory settings, therefore, you would require to proceed with D-link router setup all over again through dlinkrouter.local login. Then, the setup wizard would auto-launch itself to complete the setup process.