How to Enable inbound Filter in Dlink AC2600 MU-MIMO Wi-Fi Router?
Inbound filter in Dlink AC2600 is utilized when the user uses Port Forwarding or Virtual Private Network technique in order to open the ports. Opening the port of the network enhances the traffic of the Internet, but where the limitation encounters the user is that while increasing those ports you could also be increasing the chances of your LAN to get cyber attacked from the Internet. In order to save your device from such malicious attacks, Inbound Filters are used to keep your device away from such threats and this filter is triggered through the web interface of www.dlinkrouter.local.
Steps to enable Inbound filter in Dlink AC2600 MU-MIMO router
- Open up a browser in your Wi-Fi connected system.
- Type www.dlinkrouter.local or 192.168.1.1 as the URL of the browser.
- Dlink router login page will appear on the screen.
- Mention “admin” as the default username on the username field and if you haven’t set the password yet then keep the password field blank. If you already have set the password then mention it on the password field.
- Click on the login button.
- Menu dashboard of www.dlinkrouter.local is going to appear on the screen.
- Click on the Features tab residing on the top of the screen and then click on the Firewall tab.
- Now, click on the IPV4 rules, then filter it on and allow the rules listed, and then click on the Add Rule tab.
- The user has to create the rule.
- The moment you added the rule, click on the save button.
Note: If the user wants to block the specific IP address of the router and turn the filtering ON and allow the rules from the drop-down list.
How to Enable Guest Access on my Dlink AC2600 MU-MIMO Wi-Fi router?
Guest Network in Dlink AC2600 MU-MIMO Wi-Fi router is a smart way to keep the unauthorized users away from accessing your private network. This is the network which saves the private files of the main users by creating a separate network with the different Network name and a different Password security key. Guest Network is enabled within the device through the web interface of the router. This Network can also be triggered through Dlink tether application which is conveniently installed in your phone and is easily available in Android as well as IOS versions.
Steps to enable Guest Access on Dlink AC2600 MU-MIMO Wi-Fi router
- Launch the Internet Browser on the Wi-Fi connected desktop.
- Type www.dlinkrotuer.local or 192.168.1.1 as the web address of the browser.
- Press Enter and you will be redirected to the home page of the Dlink router.
- Click on the settings tab and then go to the Wireless tab residing on the home page of the screen.
- Now, go to the Guest Zone tab.
- Configure the Guest Zone page according to your requirements and then click on the Save button to save your settings.