Any D-link router setup and installation involves establishing of wired or wireless connections on the router with computer, though it is recommended to set up a wired connection for D-link router setup. Also, the D-link router should be connected to either the DSL or cable modem, whichever is being used, for the wireless network.
Dlink router login via dlinkrouter.local using dlink router default password is used to configure the dlink wifi router for D-link router set up and establish an internet connection on the router.
To setup dlink wifi router:
- Power off the modem by disconnecting it from the power source or dislocating its battery backup.
- Connect your modem to the dlink wifi Router making use of an Ethernet cable.
- The Ethernet cable used for dlink router setup should be affixed at the Ethernet port of modem at one end and to the WAN or internet port of the dlink router at the other end.
- Connect the D-link router to the power source using its power adapter plugged to power source.
- Power on the D-link wifi Router.
- The power LED on the dlink wifi router should have lit.
- Also, connect the modem to power by affixing the power adapter to the power source.
- Connect your computer to the D-Link wifi Router with an Ethernet cable for dlink router setup.
- Join the Ethernet port on your computer to any one of the four LAN ports on the D-Link wifi Router.
- Allow D-link router setup either wireless by establishing connecting of your computer or mobile device to the Dlink wifi router.
- Wireless connection dlink router setup is set up through Wi-Fi settings – Wi-Fi SSID name and the wireless network pass phrase.
- Open a web browser on your computer for D-link router login.
- Navigate to the dlink router login to enter the D-link router login default web address dlinkrouter.local in the address bar.
- On the contrary, try dlink router ip for default dlink router login using the default IP address http://192.168.0.1.
- Enter the default dlink router login default password and username.
- Enter admin in dlink router login username field
- Leave the dlink router default password field blank.
- Click login to allow dlink router login via dlinkrouter.local.
- The dlink router Setup Wizard shows up automatically after dlinkrouter.local setup default login.
- This D-link router Setup wizard guides through dlink router setup.
- It configures D-Link wifi router to allow Internet connection setup.
- The setup wizard proceeds dlink router setup by automatically detecting your wireless Internet connection type.
- Continue with the D-link wifi router’s Setup Wizard on screen instructions to finish wireless network setup and configuration.
- The internet connection will be setup and dlink router setup completes.
- The router’s behavior Internet LED status will be light green indicating that your dlink wifi router is connected to the wireless Internet.
Your D-Link wifi Router is then finally installed and set up using dlink router default password via dlinkrouter.local d-link router login access from a web browser.